Thursday 21 June 2012

Running in the rain to get a great beach body!

Lets not talk business today, that is my motto for this very dreary wet Thursday.

Wet Wet Wet (and I do not mean the band although they are celebrating 25 years together and have a concert in Glasgow next month!) wet was how my run was first thing this morning.  I woke as I am sure most of the UK did to rain.  As part of my 10 week pre holiday plan I knew I needed to get a run in and as I was meeting a friend later in the morning (yes at another Coffee Shop) I thought I would seize the opportunity first thing before the school run.  I donned my trainers and set off for what was in fact whilst wet a rather pleasant jog (do not really go fast enough to legitimately call it a run).  I ran 3 miles and took in part of Overstone Park which is lovely in the rain apart from the rather large muddy puddles and boggy areas.  I sort of knew in my mind that I would a) get wet b) get wet and c) get a little dirty, but, the actual outcome of my morning jaunt was worse.  Some of the muddy/boggy areas through the park were too wide to run around and as I usually make mistakes navigating my way through I did not want to unnecessarily deviate too far off course! The results can be seen below...

  I think some of the cleaner puddles I went through actually did me a bit of a favour and really the pictures do not illustrate the true state that I was in at 7am this morning but the positive thing is that my halo is shining, I can eat today and feel one or may be two steps closer to my ideal beach bod!

Well beach bodies became the topic of conversation between a good friend of mine that I met for coffee this morning at Beckworths Emporium.  We both acknowledged the need to lose a few pounds in readiness for the summer holidays but agreed that we were becoming more and more at a loss with what clothes were appropriate for 40 somethings to wear these days.  Whilst I would like to think I have a six pack (stomach muscles not cans in the fridge!) they are dormant and hidden under a layer of doughy as my daughter would call it!  Should it be a bikini on the beach or a swimming costume?  I would like to know your thoughts?  But it isn't just beach wear that confuses us these days, I feel that being in my early 40's I am at a loss as to what is appropriate to wear.  I do not want to dress frumpish and neither do I want to look as if I am desperate to be 20 again.  Even when I visit some of the really nice Yummy Mummy high street shops I am puzzled as to whether I am in the right place as I find women my mother's age in them looking at clothes and this is really off putting.  So where should I shop? What should I wear?  I know I am not on my own with this dilemma so feed back and thoughts from others who have similar issues would be well received.

I googled 'What should a 40 year old woman wear' and came up with an interesting site (American) giving advice on styles and appearance called Fabulous After 40.  I am going to have a browse and tell you what I think later.

Well I said today was a no business day but in reality working for yourself makes everyday a business day.  Here are a couple of lovely products to make your smile....

Canvas Art - Great British Holidays £29.50 (Free Delivery)
Personalised Canvas Print - Great For Christening or New Baby Gift  £15.95 (Free Delivery)

Yes do buy those shoes, life is too short! £14.95 (Free Delivery)

This about sums up my home at the moment! Great Sign £14.95 (Free Delivery)

Time to get on, enjoy the rest of your day X

No comments:

Post a Comment